Skip to main content

Frost Yer Fanny


Ok, wow this was a fun race. I usually don't race this early in the year, but since I am preparing to race in March, I figured I might as well have some fun. This race was the longest to date for me. It was a 5k run 30k bike and then another 5k run. Oh, did I mention it was COLD!! I stayed at a fiends place the night before. When I wonke up in the morning there was ICE ON THE WINDSHIELD! I did not come prepared. I got to the race sight and set up my bike. Everything was going great until the race started. I did not follow my race plans to run around an 18:30 for my first 5k. Instead I ran a blistering 17:30, puttin gme in the top 10 along with Pro's James Bonney, Dana Lyons, and Adam Reiser to name a few. As you can imagine, as much as my coach, Tad Molloy, Said, I suffered on teh bike. To start with, as I left Transistion zone, I was attempting to place my feet in the shoes that were already connected to the pedals. I knocked the shoe off, forcing me to stop, dismount my bike, put my shoes on and then continue. I dropped back to somewhere around 20th place. I was getting hammered on the hills. On top of the tough course I was so cold I couldn't effectivly grasp my water bottles, so I became dehydrated. I got off the bike and prepared for a brutal last run. I had hoped for a 19 min flat last 5k but had to settle for 19:33. I finished under my 1 hr 30 min goal time with a 1:26:14. That put me 2nd in my age group and 13th overall. Yes, I did catch some people on the second Run.

Full Results

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bike List

Ok, seems to be the thing, here are a couple buddies and my list of bikes: Adam's Bikes Brandon's Bikes My bike list 2001-2009: Dave Scott Ironman Centurion - Steel, Given to me by a friend, size 61! This bike started the craze! Litespeed Tuscany - Sweet Ti Love Litespeed Saber - Had to have more Ti Colnago Dream - This bike could turn on a dime! Awesome road race bike. Look AL Track bike - My love for the track has never faded Quintana Roo Zero Gravity - Funny ITU road bike Quintana Roo Lucero - First Sponsored Tri Bike, really nice carbon Litspeed Siena - Ti, never got to ride it enough Guru Veloci'Ti - Wow, beautiful paint Scott CR1 - Really stiff carbon Titus Racer X - One ride and moved on from the off road stuff, maybe someday again. RMS Sparrow -Fully Custom Ti Tri Bike, I ride what I love Cervelo Super Prodigy - Steel, sweet ride! Cannondale F4- Hardtail Mtn. Needed something for the trails and Muddy Buddy races Some Rush - Fixed gear, back to the track! Steel, ver...

Endurance Camp Update

Day 1 - 50 min run at Huntsville State Park, 9 runners, 9 different routes, 1 picked up in a car, 1 Dirt tasting session :) - 30 min swim in the lake, 1 muddy bottom Day 2 - 30 miles of hills - 30 min run - 40 mins of swimming pictures are here more to come!

Midnight Moonlight Ramble

Over the weekend Bike Houston put on a great event, the Midnight Moonlight Ramble . I had the pleasure of riding the 20 mile route with some good friends. The ride starts and finishes at the George R. Brown Convention Center and takes you through the Galleria area and down Memorial and Allen parkway for a scenic tour of Houston. By the way, the ride starts at 2 AM with the festivities beginning at midnight. The ride is for everybody, Hard Core Roadies, Nob heads, sub-culture messengers and families with tow-alongs. Pics of Team Moose . Thanks to Dakine for the Moose head!